a-i Computer Solutions Remote Support
Have you had your computer worked on at our shop recently but aren’t sure about something? Or perhaps you have a problem but don’t have time to swing by one of our stores? We now offer remote support!
To start, give one of our stores a call. Then, follow the technician’s instructions.
If you need to download the a-i Remote tool, click here.
Please Note: If you have a slow internet connection (commonly caused by using an out-of-town ISP), the a-i Remote tool may not work correctly, or at all. We recommend bringing computers in to our store in these situations, as if we support a computer remotely over a slow connection, the technician is solely reserved for that support and the time will be billed accordingly.
By downloading the tool you are agreeing to the below terms.
- Remote support is offered at an hourly rate of $80/hr, with a minimum of 1/2 hour ($40 + tax) charged.
- Remote support fees will be waived if the computer in question was in one of our shops for service within a week of the date of your call – for example, to set up a printer after a system reload, or to answer questions about service performed. This is a complimentary service for our recent customers, and other calls will be billed at the standard rate.
- Complimentary remote support calls with waived fees shall be limited to a reasonable amount of time. Work performed above-and-beyond the original job specifications will be billed at the standard rate.
- If you are a new customer, the technician will ask for your contact and billing information prior to service. This information is stored in our customer database, but is never shared with anyone but our employees. It will only be used to get a hold of you during remote service and to mail invoices.
- Remote support will be billed at the discretion of the technician. Fees are subject to change.
- a-i Computer Solutions accepts in-state checks, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and cash (in-store only). The preferred payment method for remote support is a mailed check, but talk with your technician to see if it is possible to use your card over the phone.
- a-i Computer Solutions reserves the right to refuse remote service for any reason, including but not limited to: problems that cannot be fixed remotely, an overabundance of frivolous support requests, and unpaid invoices. If a problem is determined to be impossible to fix remotely and we recommend that the system be brought by one of our stores, remote support charges may be waived at the discretion of the technician.